MCM Cracker Mill is used to break the tyre chips down to fine grind rubber powder and to loosen the rubber from the steel or nylon fibers. 2 counter-rotating rollers are driven at different speed to create a friction ratio to crack the rubber and enhance the size reduction.
- The rollers are made from chilled cast steel to ensure high wear resistance and supported at both ends by anti-friction roller bearings.
- Nip adjustment of the clearance between the rollers is done at both ends through screws attached to the bearing housing.
- Mounting plates installed are designed to break during mechanical overload to protect the machine parts from damage.
- Rubber dampers are installed to protect the drive roller from vibration shocks.
- Rollers are cooled by water circulation underneath their surfaces.
- Emergency stop to halt machine rotation through overhead cradle bar operated by a limit switch or hydraulic brake mounted on motor drive shaft operated by a push button.
|Roller Length (mm)
|Front (Grooved) Roller (mm)
|Back (Smooth) Roller (mm)
|Cast Steel/Cast Iron
|Speed Reduction Ratio
|0.25 – 0.45
|0.3 – 0.6